Tubal Factor Infertility Treatment
If you have unexplained infertility, your doctor may recommend that you get tested for tubal factor infertility. As Surya Fertility Centre is the best Fertility Centre in Hyderabad, Some common causes of tubal factor infertility include endometriosis and untreated sexually transmitted infections (STIs). With tubal factor infertility, your fallopian tubes might be completely or partially blocked. This can make it harder for you to get pregnant.Viewing the tubes
Two common tests for tubal factor infertility include:
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG): This x-ray screening tool can show your fertility doctor if you have uterine issues. Examples include endometrial polyps, adhesions, or fibroids. The x-ray can also show your doctor if you have any tubal abnormalities or tubal blockages. If you do, you may need to follow up with a laparoscopy.
- Laparoscopy: A laparoscopy is a minimally invasive surgery that shows your doctor if you have any tubal blockage or damage. This procedure requires general anesthesia. Your doctor will need to make a slight incision in your abdomen. He or she will insert a laparoscope into your abdomen, to view your pelvic region, and make a diagnosis. Once your diagnosis is complete, surgery is usually the treatment of choice.
If you need tubal factor infertility treatment
If you have minimal tubal damage you may qualify for tubal reconstructive surgery. This surgery is often successful for many women, helping them conceive naturally. If you have a tubal blockage where the uterus and tube are joined, your fertility doctor can open the area. He or she will perform a procedure known as selective tubal canulation or transcervical tubal canulation. This may be one of the easiest ways to restore your fertility.
Treat tubal factor infertility with IVF
In vitro fertilization (IVF) can help some women with moderate to severe tubal damage get pregnant. One of the positives about IVF is that you may be able to get pregnant without any reconstructive surgery. However, your fertility doctor may recommend that you have tubal reconstructive surgery before trying IVF. In some cases, women need a complete removal of the fallopian tubes to have success with IVF.
Tips for conceiving if you have tubal problems
- Ask your fertility doctor about any tubal factor infertility treatment options that you are eligible for. Carefully weight the risks and benefits of each procedure. Consider how much each procedure increases your chances of getting pregnant.
Don’t forget that your age, condition, and health may affect your results.
- Find out if you are a good candidate for IVF, which bypasses your fallopian tubes. The IVF procedure requires the removal of mature egg(s) from the ovaries, which are then fertilized outside of the body and transferred back into the uterus.
- Don’t wait until it’s too late. Age plays a huge factor in fertility. The younger you are, the better your chances of conceiving.
Ways to avoid tubal factor infertility
Practicing safe sex and taking care of your health may help you avoid tubal factor infertility. If you are diagnosed with an STI, get treatment. Once you are treated, your risk for tubal factor infertility drops. Whether you think you are at risk or not, protect your health by following these three steps:
- Practice safe sex with condoms (if you are not trying to conceive).
- Be vigilant about your health care and see your doctor regularly.
- Get tested, and promptly treated, for STIs.
Above all, don’t beat yourself up if you are diagnosed with tubal factor infertility. This condition is common, and often treatable.
“We, at Surya Fertility Centre is one of the Best Fertility Centre in Hyderabad which share your dream and provide the best treatments & procedures to help you realize it. “